Anne Arundel Civil Litigation Lawyers
For decades, our legal team has provided premier legal services for countless clients across Anne Arundel and the entire state of Maryland. We have advised and negotiated on behalf of individuals, communities, and entire businesses. Our main focus areas include business law, HOA/condominium law, and real estate litigation. We work diligently for you to help you reach a positive outcome for all your legal goals.
A business dispute can harm your business’ brand and can adversely affect it economically. Oliveri & Larsen can provide strategic counseling and help protect your best interests should you encounter any business conflict. We have created and maintained strong relationships with small, mid-sized, and large businesses because of our superb understanding of legal business matters. With the economic environment in constant flux, we provide guidance and assistance in the following legal areas:
- Strategic planning: With our foresight analysis and successful mentoring, we help with our clients’ strategic planning and protect their interests. We can assist in protecting your investment by addressing any legal needs and provide guidance as your business continues to grow.
- Risk management: We oversee and protect our clients’ futures with proven risk management strategies that help ensure their success. We provide assistance legal business angles, such as marketing, reputational, financial, organizational, employment, and legal.
- Dispute resolution: Our clients depend on us to address any internal or external legal issues they may face, and we have the successful experience to resolve any legal matter.
- Understanding: We build and maintain business relationships with our clients through a personal, in-depth understanding and a proactive approach to business law.
Our business law background provides the best legal counsel with issues related to:
- Contract drafting and review.
- Employee handbooks.
- Dispute resolution between employer and employee.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- General corporate counseling.
- Letters of intent.
- Litigation support.
- Non-compete agreements.
- Succession planning.
We will help grow your business by helping with economic analysis and proper strategic planning. We look ahead in the economy to identify any risks or potential problems your business may face, and we will help you in your pursuit of your professional goals and vision.
Real Estate Litigation
Real estate transactions are complex in nature, with potential legal problems around every corner. Our real estate litigation team at Oliveri & Larsen have decades of experience in helping residential or commercial clients, supporting them through any real estate challenge. We have helped clients in all real estate litigation matters, including:
- Dispute resolution through mediation and litigation.
- Land development agreements.
- Annexation and de-annexation.
- Creation, negotiation, and consummation of contracts of sale for commercial and residential properties.
- Closing documentation.
- Letters of intent and purchase agreements.
- Title review, encumbrances, and issues.
- Deeds, easements, and plat drafting.
- Land use restrictions; covenants, restrictions, front-foot, and utility assessment declarations.
- Lease agreements and enforcement of lease agreements, including failure to pay rent, tenant holding over actions, wrongful detainer, and breach of lease actions.
- Purchase agreements.
- Tax lien redemption.
- Mechanic’s lien enforcement and defense.
HOA and Condominium Law
Our legal team has years of experience setting the standard in Maryland, providing legal services for HOA, community, and condominium associations. We provide numerous services, such as conducting seminars for HOAs and condo associations, as well as advising other legal professionals. We help new associations get started and help existing associations expand through mergers and land conversion. We prepare and interpret HOAs bylaws to enforce them and to prevent any disputes. We will also negotiate and review any contracts between the HOA and vendors hired to manage your property, as well as offer guidance for delinquent contracts and any liens.
We are aware that some community and condo associations require litigation. We are well-suited to protect your interests, particularly when litigating with county commissioners, local zoning boards, the Maryland Insurance Administration, and the Federal Communications Commission.
Oliveri & Larsen also offers the following services for HOAs, community, and condominium associations:
- Help with managing financial responsibilities with budgets and special assessments.
- Utilizing liens, lawsuits, and foreclosures to collect delinquent accounts, while also enforcing association rights during bankruptcy proceedings.
- Enforcement of the association’s rules and bylaws as well as defense against allegations of consumer protection violations.
- Legal guidance for Fair Housing Act issues by advising on reasonable accommodations, as well as defense against Fair Housing Act violation allegations.
- Advising on expansion of existing associations as well as with new associations.
- Legal guidance for community or condominium meetings, including meetings of boards of directors, as well as voting procedures and confidentiality.
- Interpreting of covenants, declarations, bylaws, and rules, as well as preparing and adopting governing documents.
- Responses to complaints to the Office of the Attorney General, Department of Labor, Department of Licensing and Regulation, or the Commission on Civil Rights, as well as resolution to related complaints.
- Guidance with insurance claims under master and individual homeowner policies, as well as help with selecting the appropriate insurance coverage.
- Litigation in all of the state of Maryland and federal trial and appellate courts.
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts with vendors hired for property management, insurance, contractors, landscaping, waste management, security, and others.
- Reviewing and achieving resolution for several issues faced by communities and condo associations, particularly involving homeowners, employees, board members, and neighboring communities.
We offer unmatched legal service with a cost-effective approach to achieve the best results possible. Our experience helps us handle any legal issues or disputes you may face, whether it is business law, HOA/condominium law, or real estate litigation. If you or your business is located in the state of Maryland, look no further for legal guidance.
Anne Arundel Civil Litigation Lawyers at Oliveri & Larsen Provide Legal Guidance for Complex Business, HOA, and Real Estate Matters
With our unmatched reputation offering premium legal guidance, our Anne Arundel civil litigation lawyers at Oliveri & Larsen can help you with any legal matter. Call us at 410-295-3000 or fill out our online form for an initial consultation. Located in Annapolis, Maryland, we proudly serve clients in Ocean City, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Calvert County, Hartford County, Howard County, Queen Anne’s County, St. Mary’s County, Worcester County, Kent County, and the upper and lower Eastern Shores of Maryland.