Worcester County Civil Litigation Lawyers
Real Estate Litigation
Real estate law pertains to the possession, ownership, usage, and enjoyment of land and the structures it contains for homeowners, buyers, sellers, landlords, and tenants. The bulk of any real estate law practice is handling disputes, usually related to ownership or acquisition of real property, and litigation involving financing issues, zoning, appraisal, closings, and local ordinance compliance. Resolving real estate cases is often a lengthy process, but working with a skilled attorney ensures a smoother and faster process.
Our real estate attorneys at Oliveri & Larsen have built a solid reputation and successful track record representing both residential and commercial clients, including homeowners and sellers, land developers, builders, landlords, and property management companies. We provide top-rated representation in matters such as:
- Creating, negotiating, and consummating residential and commercial property contracts of sale.
- Plat drafting, deeds, and easements.
- Title review, including clearing title defects, encumbrances, and other related issues.
- Land development and purchase agreements.
- Real estate closing documents.
- Mediation, arbitration, or litigation for dispute resolution.
- Restrictions of land use, including covenants and utility assessments.
- Annexing or de-annexing property.
- Creation of lease agreements and enforcement, such as to pay rent, tenant holdover actions, unlawful detainer actions, and breach of lease actions.
Business law pertains to formation, property concerns, shareholder rights, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic planning regarding legal frameworks and foresight analysis. Our business law attorneys help clients plan for today while preparing safeguards for the future.
The backbone of business law is problem prevention. Our team is skilled at managing concerns pertaining to a company’s organizational structure, financing, shareholders, reputation, internal and external disputes, employment, marketing, and legal strategies to resolve disputes quickly and successfully. Our attorneys provide:
- Risk management: We implement safeguards to anticipate and prevent problems to provide for continued success in all aspects of your business, including organizational structure, financial standing, employment practices, reputation, marketing, and legal concerns.
- Strategic planning: We can help you protect your business’ interests and investments through the use of careful legal planning, foresight analysis, and consistent mentoring, along with planning for the company’s future growth and success.
- Dispute resolution: Disputes involving internal and external sources or shareholders are common. Our attorneys are skilled negotiators, mediators, and litigators with a successful track record of resolving any type of business dispute.
We provide clients with strategic counsel regarding:
- Corporate formation and reinstatement.
- Employer and employee disputes and resolutions.
- Executive employment contracts.
- Document preparation and review.
- General corporate counseling.
- Governing documents and charters, including amendments.
- Insurance procurement.
- Litigation guidance, support, and representation.
- Non-compete agreements.
- Succession planning.
In American residential communities, HOAs, condominium associations, or private governing bodies are common. There are many of these associations in neighborhoods and communities throughout Worcester County. Residents own their individual properties but share joint interest in common areas, such as golf courses, swimming pools, or social clubs. The HOA members elect a governing body to oversee and enforce community rules and regulations.
Successfully operating an HOA or related entity is built on developing a solid foundation, and beginning with a skilled legal team is vital to that success. A knowledgeable HOA attorney provides:
- Assistance and guidance on developing, amending, or interpreting governing body documents, such as association rules and bylaws.
- Budget preparation assistance and management of financial responsibilities.
- Guidance regarding community meetings, including voting, proxies, procedures, minutes, and confidentiality concerns.
- Debt and delinquency collection through lawsuits, liens, and foreclosures, and enforcing association rights in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Enforce association bylaws, rules, and covenants, including legal hearings and court proceedings regarding violations.
- Review, negotiate, and enforce vendor contracts, including security, insurance, property management, waste management, landscaping, and golf course or swimming pool maintenance and management.
- HOA board members, homeowners, employees and staff, or neighboring residences or communities with dispute resolutions.
Our team at Oliveri & Larsen has many years of experience representing residential community associations of all sizes throughout Worcester County. We provide exceptional counsel regarding bylaws and rules, budgets, special assessments, and manage financial responsibilities. Contact us today to learn how our team can help your community.
Worcester County Civil Litigation Lawyers at Oliveri & Larsen Represent Clients in All Business, Real Estate, and HOA/Condo Association Law Matters
Our Worcester County civil litigation lawyers at Oliveri & Larsen provide clients with top-notch business law, real estate litigation, and HOA/condo law representation. Call us at 410-295-3000 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation and learn how we can help you with your legal matter. Located in Annapolis, Maryland, we serve clients in Ocean City, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Calvert County, Harford County, Howard County, Queen Anne’s County, St. Mary’s County, Worcester County, Kent County, and the upper and lower Eastern Shores of Maryland.