Baltimore County Civil Litigation Lawyers
Throughout Baltimore County, Maryland, our legal team of highly skilled civil litigation lawyers at Oliveri & Larsen represent clients in various and complex practice areas, including business law, homeowners association (HOA) and condominium law, and real estate litigation. We provide sound, proactive, and strategic legal counsel to our clients.
The area of business law encompasses business formation, mergers and acquisitions, property concerns, shareholder rights, and strategic planning related to legal frameworks, foresight analysis, and continuing mentorships. Plan for today, while preparing strategies and safeguards for your company’s future.
The core of business law is problem prevention, and our legal team has exceptional experience in handling all issues related to a company’s organization, financials, reputation, shareholders, internal and external disputes, employment, marketing, and legal matters involving negotiation, mediation, and litigation. Working with one of our experienced attorneys will provide your business with:
- Strategic planning: Utilizing a strategy of careful legal planning, foresight analysis, and consistent mentoring protects your business’ current interests and investments, while planning for the future growth and success of your company.
- Risk management: Implementing safeguards to anticipate and prevent problems and ensure the continued success of your business across all aspects, including the business’ organizational structure and reputation, financial standing, marketing efforts, employment practices, and legal matters and concerns.
- Dispute resolution: Internal, external, and shareholder disputes are common occurrences in business and require a keen understanding of the law. We have the skills necessary to negotiate, mediate, or litigate.
We provide clients with exceptional experience and strategic counsel in many areas, including but not limited to:
- Corporate formation and reinstatement.
- Contract development and review.
- Employment contracts.
- Employer and employee disputes and resolutions.
- Insurance procurement.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
HOA, Community Associations, and Condominium Law
In the United States, nearly one out of every four Americans live in communities with (HOAs), condominium associations, or private community governing boards. In neighborhoods and communities with such organizations throughout Baltimore County, members own their individual properties but have joint interest in community areas, such as swimming pools, tennis courts, golf courses, and other venues. To oversee and enforce rules of the community, owners elect a governing body, such as a HOA board of directors, who also garner legal rights to enforce the covenants, conditions, and restrictions, and punish those who do not abide by them.
Developing a solid foundation is the core of a successfully run HOA or other related entity, and working with a skilled legal team should be the first step. A knowledgeable attorney can provide the following:
- Guidance in the creation, amening, or interpreting of governing documents, such as association rules and bylaws.
- Assistance with budget preparation and management of financial responsibilities.
- Assistance and guidance on various types of community meetings, as well as voting, proxies, procedures, minutes, and confidentiality issues.
- Collect debts and delinquencies through liens, lawsuits, and foreclosures, and the enforcement of association rights in bankruptcies.
- Enforcement of association bylaws, covenants, and rules, including hearings and court proceedings for violations.
- Review, negotiate, and enforce vendor contracts, such as property management, security, waste management, insurance, landscaping, and swimming pool maintenance and management.
- Dispute resolutions involving HOA board members, homeowners, neighboring residences or communities, and employees and staff.
- Disputes and disagreements among homeowners in Baltimore County communities with HOA or condo organizations.
Our legal team has years of experience representing associations of all sizes. We will provide legal counsel regarding bylaws and rules, budgets, special assessments, and management of all forms of financial responsibilities. Contact our skilled attorneys today to learn how our team can help.
Real Estate Litigation
Real estate law encompasses the rights of ownership, possession, usage, and enjoyment of land and the manmade structures and additions they hold. Real estate law affects nearly every individual in some way, directly or indirectly, including homeowners, home buyers and sellers, landlords, and renters.
Real estate litigation is the practice of managing various types of disputes related to real property or the interest in real property, such as ownership concerns or acquisition problems. The bulk of real estate litigation encompasses obstacles such as financing concerns, appraisals, zoning issues, compliance with local ordinances, and closings. Working with a skilled attorney allows the entire process to proceed more smoothly and with greater speed.
Our legal team has a successful track record working in tandem with residential and commercial clients, including developers, builders, homeowners, sellers, buyers, landlords, and property management companies throughout Baltimore County and the surrounding areas. Our attorneys can provide excellent legal representation in the following matters:
- Contracts of sale: creation, negotiation, and consummation for commercial and residential property.
- Land development agreements.
- Deeds, easements, plat drafting.
- Title review and clearance of title defects, encumbrances, and issues.
- Purchase agreements.
- Closing documents.
- Land use restrictions: covenants, restrictions, and utility assessment.
- Dispute resolution through mediation, arbitration, or litigation.
- Annexation or de-annexation of property.
- Lease agreements and enforcement, including but not limited to failure to pay rent, tenant hold-over actions, unlawful detainer actions, and breach-of-lease actions.
- Letters of intent.
- Mechanic’s lien enforcement or defense.
- Tax lien redemption.
- Formation of HOAs and condominium associations.
Baltimore County Civil Litigation Lawyers at Oliveri & Larsen Provide Exceptional Business, Real Estate, and HOA/Condo Association Legal Representation
Our Baltimore County civil litigation lawyers at Oliveri & Larsen offer many years of combined experience and have proven successful track records in the areas of business law, real estate law, and HOA/condo law. Call us at 410-295-3000 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation. We are located in Annapolis, Maryland, and we serve clients throughout Ocean City, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Calvert County, Harford County, Howard County, Queen Anne’s County, St. Mary’s County, Worcester County, Kent County, and the upper and lower Eastern Shores of Maryland.